Search by title, author, ISBN and/or key word
To carry out this type of search, go to 'Search the catalogue' (right part of the front page), write the title (or a part of the title), the author’s name, the ISBN number or a key word in the white space and click on the magnifying glass. If the result consists of several titles, you can sort them by title, publication year, credit points or stock availability.
For an advanced search, go to 'Search the catalogue' (right part of the front page) and click on the link 'Advanced search' below the white space. You can search by combining different elements: key word, CTA number, title, author, publisher, ISBN, topic, language. If the result consists of several titles, you can sort them by title, publication year, credit points or stock availability.
Search by topic
To search by topic, click on one of the 15 topics listed on the left part. Each topic has a unique number that you can remember for your future searches. You can sort the results of your search by title, publication year, credit points or stock availability.
Search by new titles
The new titles appear on a carousel in the middle on the front page (see 'New titles'). You can activate the carousel be clicking on the right or left arrow. If you are interested in one of the titles, click on the cover or on the title below to obtain the publication details.
Search by bestsellers
If you click on 'Bestsellers' (middle of the front page), you will have a list of the ten most ordered publications. If you are interested in one of the titles, click on the cover or the link 'Read more' to get the publication details.
Search by series
If you click on 'Series' (middle of the front page), you will have a list of all the series in the CTA catalogue with a logo and a short description. If you want to know more on a series, click on the name of the series, the logo or the link 'Publications'. You will obtain the full list of publications in the series. You can then sort them by title, publication year, credit points or stock availability.
You can sort your search results by:
- Title. The titles will be sorted by alphabetical order (from A to Z). N.B. If you click on the arrows to the right of the white space with 'Title', you can toggle the list order.
- Publication year. The titles will be sorted chronologically, starting with the most recently published title. N.B. If you click on the arrows to the right of the white space with 'Publication year', you can toggle the list order.
- Credit points. The titles will be sorted starting with the lowest value in credit points. N.B. If you click on the arrows to the right of the white space with 'Credit points', you can toggle the list order.
- Stock availability. The titles will be sorted starting with those which are available in stock () and ending with those which are not available (). N.B. If you click on the arrow to the right of the white space with 'Stock availability', you can toggle the list order.
Important: If your search result consists of several pages of titles, you can move from one page to the other using the pager at the top or at the bottom of the page.
The following information will appear on the output page:
- book cover with: number of pages, dimensions (in millimetres), weight (in grams), ISBN number and CTA identification number;
- title, author(s), year of publication and publisher(s);
- stock availability (with if the publication is in stock and if the publication is out-of-stock), language and value in credit points;
- link 'Add to your shopping cart': if you wish to order the publications through the Publications Distribution Service of CTA (with credit points), you can click on 'Add to shopping cart' and then on 'Proceed to checkout' (see 'Ordering publications with shopping cart');
- additional links: 'Download PDF' (if the full electronic version is available for free or against credit points), link(s) to the same book in another language (where applicable), 'Purchase link' (pointing to the publisher or commercial distributor from whom you can buy the publication), 'Share on your social network' (the publication details can be shared with the social networks you are member of).
Activating your subscription
Existing PDS subscribers received a secret 8-character code (digits and letters) and a personal subscriber number. This information was sent to your postal address. If you have changed address please let us know. You will not be able to order on-line without this subscriber number and code.
- On the homepage of https://publications.cta.int/ select ‘My Account’ and then ‘Activate web account’.
- Enter your subscriber number and code.
- Please check your account information and update it if necessary.
- Then click ‘Subscribe’. You will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your subscription.
Please note that from now on only subscriptions to the e-version of Spore are given.
How to order publications online
Follow the simple steps below to find the title(s) you would like and to place your order. Then just sit back and wait for your new publications to arrive!
- If you have not already done so, as an existing subscriber, you should first activate your subscription (see ‘Activating your subscription’).
- Browse for publications by category and language, select one of the featured ‘New titles’, ‘Bestsellers’ or ‘Series’, or search the catalogue using the search function. You can enter the publication number, title or key word in the search.
- When you find what you are looking for simply select ‘Add to shopping cart’ beside the desired title.
- Once you have made your final selection,click ‘Proceed to check out’.
- The next page you will see is the shopping cart. Here you can amend your order and view the total cost in points. Select ‘Complete transaction’ to place your order.
- You can track your order at any time by clicking on ‘Orders’ once you have logged-in to your account.
Making changes to your account
If you are moving home or changing jobs you should notify us as soon as possible of your new address. This will allow us to ensure you never
miss an issue of Spore and that you receive the publications you have ordered.
- Click on ‘My account’ on the homepage.
- Enter your log-in details.
- To update your personal details, select the area you wish to update (my information, organisation details, addresses, subscriptions).
- Select ‘Edit details’ and make any relevant changes.
Setting up a new account
Follow the steps below to create your account.
- Select ‘Apply for a free subscription’ on the homepage.
- Complete the subscription form, making sure to check everything is correct before selecting ‘Subscribe’ at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an e-mail asking you to activate your account. This e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you provided in the subscription form.